Friday vs. Saturday weddings…
Is a Saturday wedding really better than a Friday? Many would argue this fact through and through. There are an incredible amount of amazing reasons to have your wedding on a Friday vs. a Saturday. Check out these hard to believe answers below.....
Your guest’ schedules:
- Guests’ work schedules are often flexible enough to allow them to leave early on a Friday, and who doesn’t like getting out of work early on a Friday?
- Following the wedding, guests still have their weekends free, whereas a Saturday wedding eats up most of the day between ceremony and reception.
- Out-of-town guests may have an added day to visit or to travel home.
- Airfare is less expensive for out-of-town guests mid-week versus on a weekend.
Wedding vendors have greater availability on Fridays
- Vendors are more flexible with packages, timing & options on Fridays
- Friday weddings often have greater negotiation power with vendors
- Planning a rehearsal dinner? Most restaurants are much more accommodating of large group dinners on Thursdays
LESS STRESS…MORE RELAXATION
- Friday receptions start later…and so can hair appointments, makeup, & pictures
- More time to relax or get in a quick 9 on the local course (girls or guys)
- No early morning drives to the airport!
- Most honeymoon packages start on Sunday, so the day after the wedding the bride and groom can sleep in, open gifts and visit with out-of-town guests
These are just a few tips on Friday weddings. Most brides that come to me with a dream wedding, but have a smaller budget, can achieve this on a Friday vs. a Saturday. All opinion based from Jay r (Jeremy Rich) Founder of Selective Sound Entertainment in Cleveland Ohio. Selective Sound was founded in 1987.